logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline SLast  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2011 3:15:00 PM(UTC)
SLast

Groups: Registered

First, thanks for taking the magic and body weapons and armors off the players list. Not only is it less confusing, the lists are much cleaner now.

In that vein, I wonder if you could take the races that are unsuitable for PCs out of the race list. By this I mainly mean the non humanoid animals and the powerful magical beings (though, it'd be cool to be a Balrog if I rolled well enough.)

I also noticed that the entry for the beholder is a bit odd. It has a listed max str and dex of 1 but min str of 2 and dex of 6. So the rules prohibit the Beholder from existing.

Lastly, the Dwarf has a min Dex of 4. That strikes me as a bit odd, as I wouldn't have said that traditional fantasy dwarves were especially nimble.
Offline vbwyrde  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 7:08:00 PM(UTC)
vbwyrde

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Man
United States

Awesome catches! Thank you, Sam! I'll make the changes asap! :)
Offline vbwyrde  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:43:00 AM(UTC)
vbwyrde

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: SLast Go to Quoted Post
Lastly, the Dwarf has a min Dex of 4. That strikes me as a bit odd, as I wouldn't have said that traditional fantasy dwarves were especially nimble.

As I think about the Dwarve min Dex of 4 and max Dex of 5, you're right in pointing out that this may not make a whole lot of sense when considering the Dwarve in the traditional Tolkien sense (or any other mythological sense for that matter). At the time I created the race I was considering that the races should balance each other out, so that Dwarve is not that different from human in terms of total bonuses. This made for some slightly odd requisite choices perhaps. I was balancing the requisite bonuses (in terms of potential) with Movement, which are the key technical components of any race. I am open to reconsidering them. Please compare the total bonuses likely for Elve, Dwarve, Human and Hobbit. My idea was that they should roughly balance, but that's not necessarily a key requirement. It is possible for one or another to have some distinct advantage or disadvantage based on mythic conceptualization. Let me know what you think the requisites should be, and I'll be happy to reconsider. Thanks! :)
Offline vbwyrde  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:11:00 PM(UTC)
vbwyrde

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: SLast Go to Quoted Post
In that vein, I wonder if you could take the races that are unsuitable for PCs out of the race list. By this I mainly mean the non humanoid animals and the powerful magical beings (though, it'd be cool to be a Balrog if I rolled well enough.)

Ok I have fix this. I decided to allow Players, for the time being just to see how that might go, pick human, elve, dwarve, hobbit, as well as a variety of Insect-Men, and a few humanoid monsters, such as vampire. Gamesmasters on the system will be able to configure their worlds any way they want in this regard on the Edit Races page.

Thanks for the suggestion!