logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline vbwyrde  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:14:00 AM(UTC)
vbwyrde

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Man
United States

Based on Sam's comment in the last game, I'm thinking Bless Weapon is not useful as it should be is because Blessing is basically the same benefit but better because it is more flexible. I like Bless Weapon, so I'm going to beef it up so that the cleric will need to decide between the two which they prefer more. Here is the new Description:
Quote:
The cleric takes a weapon in hand and prays over it, beseeching their Elkron to make it strike true and deadly. For the duration of the miracle the weapon receives a +1 Attack Level and +1 Damage Bonus. Bonus MP can be added to the Duration (in hours) and/or +1 Attack Level and/or +1 Bonus Damage / 2 MP.

To compare here is the description for Blessing:
Quote:
Improves the use of any Skill of the person it is invoked upon, +1 Level for 1d6 hours. Bonus MP can be added to the Skill Level, Duration, or Range at a rate of +1 Skill Level, or Hours, or 10' per 2 MP.

I've also, because Bless Weapon does +2 now, I decided to make it a 2nd Level Miracle. So the MLP is now 2, and the Difficulty Level is 2. I'm dropping Blessing to 1st Level, since it only adds (by default) a +1, and now works on one Character only (you were able to cast it on more than one Character before). I think this feels more "correct" as the specialized Bless Weapon is more powerful, and is more specific.

Thoughts?
Offline grimjester  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:34:00 PM(UTC)
grimjester

Groups: Registered

Look at the pros and cons here.

Bless Weapon: Total of +2. Limited to combat.
Bless: Total of +1. Unlimited in scope.

They are sort of balanced to begin with.

I would keep them both level one. If an adjustment has to be made, I would have Bless Weapon with a duration in melees.
Offline vbwyrde  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:15:00 PM(UTC)
vbwyrde

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Man
United States

Originally Posted by: grimjester Go to Quoted Post
Look at the pros and cons here.

Bless Weapon: Total of +2. Limited to combat.
Bless: Total of +1. Unlimited in scope.

They are sort of balanced to begin with.

I would keep them both level one. If an adjustment has to be made, I would have Bless Weapon with a duration in melees.

Hmmmmm.... another in a long series of pretty darn good recommendations. I'll go with it. I think bless weapon in duration of melees is probably reasonable, and I somehow thing the added tension related to when it will run out, and it's fun Shazam while it's on will probably result in better play. I'll make the change. Thanks, Grim!