logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline vbwyrde  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 4:42:00 PM(UTC)
vbwyrde

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Man
United States

I've updated the web application so that it now allows the user to log in as a Player or a Gamesmaster. As a Player the user can select a GM from the list and roll three characters in that world. Those characters will show up in the Gamesmaster's Freepool list. It is probably a good idea to not have very many NPCs in the Freepool, but instead assign them to an adventure group. This way you will see new characters as they get created and be able to recognize them as such.

When the Player upgrades to Gamesmaster they can then create a World, and now roll NPC Characters, and manage their world. If the Gamesmaster downgrades back to Player again, he can now access his Characters in other GM's Worlds. This way the Player can not roll a Character in a GM's World and then upgrade to GM in order to manipulate the stats of that character.

In effect you can now switch back and forth from being a Player to GM and manage your world, and still have Characters in other GM's worlds with a single logon.
Offline theblades  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:15:00 PM(UTC)
theblades

Groups: Registered

Great solution!

This lets things be much more fluid as opposed too how it was before where there were 2 accounts (or more) needed to be a player and/or a GM.

:ugeek:
Offline vbwyrde  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:11:00 AM(UTC)
vbwyrde

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Man
United States

Originally Posted by: theblades Go to Quoted Post
Great solution!

This lets things be much more fluid as opposed too how it was before where there were 2 accounts (or more) needed to be a player and/or a GM.

:ugeek:

Yup, Thanks! I agree. It lets you use one account and participate in any number of worlds, and also have your own world. I think this will foster a much more integrated community. 8-)

*** Bug Caveat ***

I'm tooling around with this to check it backwards and fowards... I am seeing some sort of bug with it ... will try to squash that asap.