logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline grimjester  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2012 4:24:00 PM(UTC)
grimjester

Groups: Registered

I think that Restoration Mystical is unbalanced; especially when we have meditation working. Basically, whenever one of my character's mystic points approaches the half max mark, I'll just cast this spell on myself. Actually, I can never lose with this spell.

I can see a spell like this working. Call it Mystic Loan or Transfer. It would cost 1 to cast, and it would allow the caster to transfer mystical energy to the target, up to the target's maximum.

I have another idea for a spell related to a dark Elkron. A spell that MIGHT give mystical power, but take Life Points if it fails.

Here is the original:

MysticPower Name....: Restoration Mystical
Sacred to Elkron....: None
Alignment...........: All
Category............: Spell
Power Level (MLP)...: 1
Time Cast Units.....: Hour
Duration Units......: N/A
Effect Units........: Level 1 (1d6)
Range Units.........: Touch
Use As Power........: False
Description.........: Restores 1d6 Mystic Points to the person it is cast upon. Can be cast on self. Difficulty Level is Caster Level - 1.
Offline vbwyrde  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2012 4:53:00 PM(UTC)
vbwyrde

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Man
United States

Originally Posted by: grimjester Go to Quoted Post
I think that Restoration Mystical is unbalanced; especially when we have meditation working. Basically, whenever one of my character's mystic points approaches the half max mark, I'll just cast this spell on myself. Actually, I can never lose with this spell.

I can see a spell like this working. Call it Mystic Loan or Transfer. It would cost 1 to cast, and it would allow the caster to transfer mystical energy to the target, up to the target's maximum.

I have another idea for a spell related to a dark Elkron. A spell that MIGHT give mystical power, but take Life Points if it fails.

Here is the original:

MysticPower Name....: Restoration Mystical
Sacred to Elkron....: None
Alignment...........: All
Category............: Spell
Power Level (MLP)...: 1
Time Cast Units.....: Hour
Duration Units......: N/A
Effect Units........: Level 1 (1d6)
Range Units.........: Touch
Use As Power........: False
Description.........: Restores 1d6 Mystic Points to the person it is cast upon. Can be cast on self. Difficulty Level is Caster Level - 1.

Yes I was thinking that too, originally. I think I brought that up during the game. But notice that it takes an hour to cast, so it is kind of useless once the character is engaged in battle. On the other hand you're right - it offers a bit much. Maybe I should make it once per day?

As for the Evil Elkron Power... interesting idea. I'll think that one over. Thanks!

Offline vbwyrde  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 2:07:00 AM(UTC)
vbwyrde

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Man
United States

Originally Posted by: grimjester Go to Quoted Post
I think there's too much overlap between this spell and Meditation. They need to be more distinct.

lets remember that Mediation is a Skill, and this a mystic power. It's the equivalent of First Aid vs. Mystic Healing Spells. This gives non-mystics the ability to restore mystic points to some degree. I agree though that some tweaking may be required. Just not sure how much.
Offline grimjester  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 8:09:00 AM(UTC)
grimjester

Groups: Registered

I think there's too much overlap between this spell and Meditation. They need to be more distinct.