logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Bard  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2009 6:33:00 PM(UTC)
Bard

Groups: Registered

This site seems rather ... defensive. Bigger sites don't require confirmation codes on every post! Have you had trouble from intruders?
-- Bard
Offline vbwyrde  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2009 6:58:00 PM(UTC)
vbwyrde

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Man
United States

I know! I'm not sure if they've had horrible spam attacks here, but I agree. And they are quite bothersome because I can't quite read them sometimes! Maybe it's a setting. I'll look into it.

According to what I found searching on this ... "Confirmation codes must appear on posting only for guests, but there must be no confirmation code on posting for registered users, if it is not so, please tell us."

However, I'm an admin and I get them every post too. Oh darn. I'll keep looking...

Ok I found a spot that says it will turn off the confirmation codes for guests, and tried it. However, I'm not a guest - I'm a registered user, and I still get them, so I'm not hopeful on this. I send them a message to let them know ... maybe there's *another* setting somewhere in there.... I guess. Anyway, I guess we'll have to live with it for the moment. Quite annoying actually. :P
Offline vbwyrde  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2009 3:14:00 AM(UTC)
vbwyrde

Man
United States

Ah ok... it's fixed now. There are two separate Setup > General Tabs which can govern Captcha. I'm still thinking I want it for guests, but not registered users. The reason why is because without it the spam bots come and turn your happy little forum into a wasteland. I've seen it happen. It ain't pretty. So if you want to get rid of the captcha box then please Register with the forum. Thanks!
Offline Bard  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2009 3:26:00 AM(UTC)
Bard

Groups: Registered

Thank you! I am registered, and not captchaed.
Offline vbwyrde  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 11:55:21 PM(UTC)
vbwyrde

Man
United States

The old forum software left something to be desired. We migrated to YAF. Much better!!