logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline vbwyrde  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 9:44:00 AM(UTC)
vbwyrde

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Man
United States

This is a forum for posting Elthos Game Stories which are derived from actual games played using the Elthos RPG. The format that I use is to label each campaign as a book, for example "The Revenge of the Weasel King", and then each game session as a chapter. That way the Campaign will get listed with each of its chapters and this can be easily searched on by the interested, and if you name the chapter headings with numbers then the story will sort when listed. For example:

The Mice and the Weasels - Chapter 1
The Mice and the Weasels - Chapter 2
The Mice and the Weasels - Chapter 3

The Revenge of the Weasel King - Chapter 1
The Revenge of the Weasel King - Chapter 2
The Revenge of the Weasel King - Chapter 3
The Revenge of the Weasel King - Chapter 4

Etc.

The the next thing to note is that I do not post my gamesmaster's comments in the stories, but just describe them as stories just like someone might read in a book. So I don't have comments about players, or comments about Gamesmastering techniques. I also try to keep the tense of the stories in the past tense, not present, so that the stories read like... "After a harrowing escape from the Dungeon of Dr Maltros, the adventurer's made their way along the mountain pass toward the distant village of Hamfest...".

I may or may not include maps, but if I do then I want to size them so that they don't cause the post to extend past the normal width of the browser, and therefore cause the text to require horizontal scrolling to read.

You are more than welcome to post your Elthos stories here, and I will be doing the same over time.

Best wishes!