logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline SLast  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2012 11:11:00 AM(UTC)
SLast

Groups: Registered

I am confused about which skills multiclass characters can access.

Is there a formula that determines this or do you assign the skills to each multiclass combination seperately?

Specifically, the Monk class does not seem to be able to access the Fast Sprinting Feat (or several other Feats available to Fighters.) When I saw this I thought it was because that feat is listed as "N" for Clerics but on a second look, the Monk can take several skills that are listed as "N" for one or more of its classes.

So I'm at a loss to figure out how the system works (If it's done individually for each class that's why I can't find a pattern.)
Offline vbwyrde  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2012 12:22:00 PM(UTC)
vbwyrde

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Man
United States

Originally Posted by: SLast Go to Quoted Post
I am confused about which skills multiclass characters can access.

Is there a formula that determines this or do you assign the skills to each multiclass combination seperately?

Specifically, the Monk class does not seem to be able to access the Fast Sprinting Feat (or several other Feats available to Fighters.) When I saw this I thought it was because that feat is listed as "N" for Clerics but on a second look, the Monk can take several skills that are listed as "N" for one or more of its classes.

So I'm at a loss to figure out how the system works (If it's done individually for each class that's why I can't find a pattern.)

Yes, it is the case that each skill is created individually, so there is not going to be a specific pattern as each GM may decided that some skills or feats are more appropriate for some classes than others. That said, these configuration differences are subject to change, and if players feel there something does not make sense we can look at it and discuss it, and if there is compelling rational for changing it, I'm happy to do so.

As for the Salmon Leaping skill, currently the configuration is

Name: Feat: Salmon Leaping
Skill Level: 2
Thief N
Fighter Y*
SpellChanter N
Cleric N

Where:
Key:
E = Elective
Y = Taught as a Primary Skill to members of the Guild Section and Earns "Kill Experience"
N = Not Available (unless multi-class includes a Y or E)
C = Combined - Where two or more specified classes are required for it to be a Primary Skill. So Thief=C and Fighter=C means that for Brigands it is a Primary Skill.

So in other words this Feat is not a Multi-Class specific Skill like Kung Fu, which is only for Monks and gets a 'C' for Fighter AND Cleric AND Thief (making a monk).

On the web application the skills that show up for a given character are those that fit within the character's class and are also not above the character's level.

So in some cases you may see that the Monk does not see all of the Kung Fu skills, but this can be because the higher level skills are not yet available to that character.