logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline SLast  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2011 11:33:00 AM(UTC)
SLast

Groups: Registered

I posted this in the rules forum but it looks like this may be the appropriate place. If that is the case my original post can be deleted (I can't seem to delete or edit it myself). Sorry about that.

Looking through the class options it seems there are two types of multiclass.

The standard multiclasses: Brigand, Friar, Illusionist, Mage, Monk, Outlaw, Wizard, Warrior Mage, Warlock and Ranger, whose requisites are those of each of their component classes (or somewhat lower than that in the case of the Friar.)

And "prestige" classes with specific background info and higher minimum requisites: Paladin, Paladinic Ranger, Storm Rider, and Trollhunter.

The Trollhunter is replicated by the Warrior Mage and the Paladinic Ranger by the Ranger for those who don't want to or can't meet the requisites but the Storm Rider and Paladin have no corresponding classes. So anyone who wants to play a Cleric/Spellchanter/Thief or a Fighter/Cleric can only do so if they meet the higher requisites. This isn't such a big deal for the Storm Rider as the requisites are only 1 point higher (5 dex instead of 4) but the Paladin requires 5/5/5 stats which is far higher than the 3/5/3 that a standard Fighter/Cleric or Cleric/Fighter would need.

Perhaps a "Warrior Monk" or "War Priest" standard fighter/cleric or cleric/fighter multiclass could be created?

Also, the Paladin description says "gains powers after 3rd level as per traditional Paladin." Does this mean that the class cannot use miracles until after 3rd level?
Offline vbwyrde  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:47:00 AM(UTC)
vbwyrde

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Man
United States

Since I found the one in the Rules section first, i kind of responded to it there. But to add to that a bit...

Warrior Monk is an interesting thought, though Monk is an interestingly complicated class in that we have historically two kinds of monks... those who stay in the monastary and transcribe latin texts and do no fighting, or what I will call medieval monks, and then there are the oriental fighting-monks like the Shaolin.

Since I like Kung Fu, I've added the latter kind, and those could be considered Warrior-Monks. The question really should be - what sub-classes compose a proper Warrior-Monk?

I'm thinking that the medieval monk sounds very much like what we normally class as "Cleric", and that's about it. So it seems that Fighter-Cleric could be a monk, but that could be said to be already covered by Warrior-Priest (ala Archbishop Turpin in The Song of Roland). But to be a truly magnificent Kung-Fu expert takes special skill. I'm think that special skill has to do not only with extra special Kung-Fu training, but also dexterity. So does it make sense to make the Warrior-Monk a Fighter-Thief-Cleric?