logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline vbwyrde  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2015 7:18:39 PM(UTC)
vbwyrde

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Man
United States

Excerpt from Introduction email from Charles Hoge to Jason Moser

To get back to the task at hand, Mark has asked me to take point on this as Creative Director and I would think of you as my Art Director if that's cool? My background is in advertising and graphic design. I've seen your work through the cards that you did for Mark some time ago and have commented numerous times that the work really helped to elevate the feel of Elthos. In-fact I liked it so much that I used it as a key element in designing the cover of the Elthos Rule Book.

I looked over the logos that you initially sent on the forum and they are a good start. I don't want to critique each one as I realize they are very rough and that they are - for lack of a better term - the ice breakers if you will. Through all of the conversations that Mark and I have had with regard to the “feeling” of what Elthos is we came up with 3 core ideals. They are, Simplicity - Flexibility - Creativity. These ideals, each on their own, are strong but when used together they are a very powerful message. It is these ideals that the Elthos logo needs to embrace and convey. Of course I know this is a tall order but I think between the 2 of us with a side order of Mark we'll get it.

The logo you are designing at the moment is for the company of Elthos Productions. Mark has mentioned trying to incorporate the zodiac style graphic that you did for him initially but I'm not sure it will translate as is, especially in B&W or tiny. Think of trying to take the graphic and stylize it so that it is simpler but still comes through as a good representation. Maybe just use a piece of it and stylize that. It just might not be possible in the long run to use it but let's try.

You have already mentioned that the logo should look good in B&W and color but also be sure that it will work small and large. Also, it would be best if the logo was done in a vector format so it will have the most versatility going forward.

Well I guess that's it at the moment. I hope enough to get the ball rolling. Please reach out to me (and CC Mark) with any questions or thoughts and of course if you just want to bounce something off of me. I look forward to working with you on this project and the others that will follow!

Offline jason_m  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 2:21:38 PM(UTC)
jason_m

Groups: Registered
United States

Everything sounds good, I will work up a couple more options and see where they get us!
Offline vbwyrde  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2015 12:41:38 AM(UTC)
vbwyrde

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Man
United States

As for the Logo ... I had an interesting thought ... no idea if it is workable or even if it's a particularly great idea ... but here you go ...

How about E L T H _six sided die_ E

so the logo has the word Elthos with the O replaced by a six sided die? Maybe with the 1 showing top side, or on an angle so you see three numbers.

Anyway, just thinking out loud.... but what's your take on that idea? It would tie the name to something related to our wonderful hobby, and to the development of the Elthos system (ie - a 1 six sided die).

Thoughts?